How to make Google Chrome use google.com as default search engine
This tutorial will show you step by step how to make Google Chrome use google.com as default search engine instead of a country specific version (e.g., google.co.uk, google.ca, google.com.au, etc.).
This is useful for when you are on vacation in another country or have moved to another country and want to continue using google.com as a standard search engine in Google Chrome.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. At the top right, you click on the options button (3 dots).
3. Click on Settings.
4. Click on Manage search engines.
5. Click on the Add button.
A “Add search engine” window will appear.
6. In the Search engine field, you enter Google NCR.
7. In the Keyword field, you enter google ncr.
This will remind you that this is the Google search engine with “No Country Redirect” enabled.
8. In the URL field, you enter the following URL:
And if you want to use another Google as standard search engine then you must replace google.com with the Google you want to use like, for example, google.nl (see example below).
9. Click on the Add button.
10. Next to the newly created search engine, you click on the options button (3 dots).
11. Click on Make default.
Now when you search with Google Chrome using the address bar or search bar, it will always search using Google.com without the country redirect.
Google.com: Make Google your default search engine
Google.com: Set your default search engine