How to hide Facebook notifications about new friends
This tutorial will show you step by step how to hide Facebook notifications about new friends.
If you make new friends on Facebook, others will see the “... and ... are now friends” notification. If you don't want this, then you can easily disable it.
Disable notifications about new friends on Facebook
1. Open your web browser.
2. Go to Facebook.
3. Log in to your account (if you are not already logged in).
4. Click on the ▼ (down-pointing triangle) icon located in the top right corner and then click on Activity Log.
You can also visit your profile and then click on the Activity Log button at the bottom right of your cover photo.
5. Click in the left sidebar (under Photos and Videos, Likes and Reactions) on MORE.
6. Click just below Friends on Added Friends.
7. Click at the top right on the (speech bubble) icon.
8. Remove the checkmark from New Friend Reports.
9. Click on Okay.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to turn off Facebook email notifications (computer and Android)
How to restrict someone on Facebook without unfriending or blocking them