How to hide Facebook notifications about new friends
If you make new friends on Facebook, others will see the “... and ... are now friends” notification.
Don't want this?
This tutorial shows you step by step how to hide notifications about new friends on Facebook.
Disable notifications about new friends on Facebook
1. Open your web browser.
2. Go to Facebook.
3. Log in to your account (if you are not already logged in).
4. Click on the ▼ (down-pointing triangle) icon located in the top right corner and then click on Activity Log.
You can also visit your profile and then click on the Activity Log button at the bottom right of your cover photo.
5. Click in the left sidebar (under Photos and Videos, Likes and Reactions) on MORE.
6. Click just below Friends on Added Friends.
7. Click at the top right on the (speech bubble) icon.
8. Remove the checkmark from New Friend Reports.
9. Click on Okay.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to turn off Facebook group notifications (computer and Android)
How to turn off Facebook email notifications (computer and Android)
How to restrict someone on Facebook without unfriending or blocking them