How to disable picture in picture on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 8)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to disable picture in picture on a Samsung Galaxy with Android 8.
The picture-in-picture feature allows you to watch YouTube videos or use Google Maps while using other apps on your smartphone.
Picture-in-picture is a special type of multi-window mode mostly used for video playback. It lets the user watch a video in a small window pinned to a corner of the screen while navigating between apps or browsing content on the main screen.
This tutorial works for all Samsung Galaxy phones with Android 8 (Oreo), such as the Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8 Edge, S9, S9+, Note 9, J7 Pro, and all other types.
How to turn off picture in picture on a Samsung Galaxy
1. Open your phone's settings.
2. Tap on Apps.
3. Tap on the 3-dots menu button located in the top-right-corner of your phone's screen.
4. Tap on Special access.
5. Tap on Picture-in-picture.
6. Tap on the app you want to disable the picture-in-picture mode for.
7. Tap on the toggle button next to Allow picture-in-picture to turn it off.
Repeat the last two steps for all the applications you want to disable the picture-in-picture mode for.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to disable device security on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 7 and 8)
YouTube: How to disable picture in picture on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 8)