How to burn a CD or DVD with password protection in Windows
This tutorial will show you step by step how to burn a CD or DVD with password protection (encryption) in Windows 7, 8 and 10.
With this method, you can easily and quickly burn your photos, documents, audio (music), videos, and other files to an encrypted disc.
You will be able to access the contents of your encrypted disc on all computers.
How to make a password-protected CD or DVD with Ashampoo Burning Studio
Ashampoo Burning Studio is a easy to use, all-in-one CD/DVD burning program that also allows you to create and burn encrypted disc, which can be opened on other computers – even if they don't have this program installed.
Ashampoo Burning Studio will include an application on your disc that allows you to easily decrypt and access your files.
This program is not free, but you can download it and try it for free for 30 days.
You can download Ashampoo Burning Studio here.
If you are interested in buying Ashampoo Burning Studio, you can get 60% discount if you use this affiliate link.
I didn't find a free CD/DVD burning software that can create and burn password-protected CDs and DVDs, otherwise, I would have added it to this page.
1. Insert a blank CD or DVD into your computer's CD/DVD burner drive.
2. Open Ashampoo Burning Studio.
3. Click on Burn Data.
4. Click on New Encrypted Disc.
5. Click on the [+] button in the top right corner.
A “Add Files and Folders” window will appear.
6. In the “Add Files and Folders” window, you go to the location on your computer where the file(s) or folder(s) are stored that you want to burn to your CD or DVD with password protection.
7. Select the file(s) or folder(s).
8. Click on the Add button.
Tip: At Free Space on CD or Free Space on DVD located at the bottom of Ashampoo Burning Studio you can see how much space you have left on your disc.
9. When you're done adding file(s) or folder(s) you click on the Close button
10. Click on the Next button in the bottom right corner.
11. Now you will need to enter your desired password twice.
12. Click on the Next button in the bottom right corner.
Ashampoo Burning Studio will now check your CD or DVD.
13. On this screen, you will also have a few optional settings, such as Verify, Format, Speed, and Number of Copies. If you want to use any of these settings, then now is the time to set them up.
14. When you're ready, you click on the Write CD or Write DVD button in the bottom right corner.
Ashampoo Burning Studio will now burn your CD or DVD with password protection (encryption).
To access the data on your password-protected CD or DVD, you will need to open Windows Explorer, double-click on your disc, enter your password, and then click on the OK button.